Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I did an online quiz called "What's your theological worldview?" I'm not sure whether or not I should be surprised by the results, anyway here they are:

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 82%
Neo orthodox 68%
Emergent/Postmodern 61%
Classical Liberal 57%
Roman Catholic 54%
Charismatic/Pentecostal 50%
Modern Liberal 50%
Reformed Evangelical 39%
Fundamentalist 18%

You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavily by John Wesley and the Methodists.
What's your theological worldview? created with QuizFarm.com

Well I'm not exactly sure that this is a good thing, but at least I'm not lying when I stand at Synod and say that I believe and preach Methodist Doctrine. As I was reflecting on the results I remembered a question that was asked of me when I was in Matric..."why are you a Methodist?” My first response was, well that's what I grew up to be. I could not make an informed response because of the "sterling job" (please note the sarcasm) some of our local churches do in Confirmation training. Never the less, it was this question that placed a seed of discontent within me. I was happy with the Methodist Church since it seemed moderate enough in its practices compared to other churches...i.e. I wasn't too bored neither was I freaked out (by those "Christiany types" as one of my Confirmation Candidates keeps saying). It was only when I began my training to be a Minister that I began to discover what it meant to be a Wesleyan and I tend to agree to some extent with Rev. Dr. Peter Storey when he says..."Why be a Methodist if you're not a Wesleyan!" I am now very much convinced of the fact that God wants everyone saved, that everyone needs to be saved, that everyone can be assured of there salvation and that there is such a thing as Christian Perfection. There are obviously things that frustrate me about the Methodist Church but then the organisation of the church is largely human and thus wrought with flaws...like humans. I pray that we would one day understand what Jesus wanted to do with the church.

Every Blessing J

No comments: